Dewey M. James, MIS
- Managed software development project with a budget of approximately $2M
- Managed advertising campaign with an approximate annual budget of $600K
- Managed teams of 20+ professionals.
Accent Gold Solutions (Senior Project Manager): April 2020 – Current
Accent Gold Solutions (Technical Project Manager & Business Analyst): 2019 – April 2020
- Coordinated and executed all aspects of the Energy Industry Demand Side Management solutions project.
- Collaborated with PMO to reallocate resources across multiple IS projects where necessary; identify and resolve any resource allocation discrepancies.
- Defined and mitigated overall project risk through conflict and issue resolution with the project team and stakeholders.
- Produced, reviewed, and facilitated Functional Requirements, Business Requirements, Systems Requirements Specifications, Activity Diagrams, Use Cases, Test Cases, User Stories, and Project Plans.
- Provided project support and maintain a master schedule of all projects and activities
- Identified areas for Business Process Improvement within then PMO.
- Provided continuous process improvement and capabilities support to the organization’s business processes.
- Ensured that the project is delivered on time and within budget while maintaining a high level of quality both internally and with the client.
- Supervised and implemented project plan to ensure project is on-schedule and on-budget.
- Coordinated internal and client resources to meet project requirements, as defined by the project scope.
- Controlled project scope and manage change management processes as necessary.
- Managed project partnerships with senior management, clients, contractors and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Identified and removed causes for defects, variations, and waste in software functionality delivery.
- Kept stakeholders informed of project status and deliverables, as well as risk and mitigation strategies.
- Ensured project deliverables exceeded both client and internal expectations.
- Converted requirements into tasks and determined task priorities for individual team members and the project.
- Managed client expectations and facilitated client communication.
- Initiated and managed clear channels of communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
Dewey James Web Solutions (Owner): 2019 – Current
- Created this DBA to provide B2B solutions by leveraging information systems and technology.
- Utilizing a network of professional resources acquired over almost a decade, I’ve been able to provide a variety of digital solutions ideal for promoting business efficiency and success.
Waismann Method (Director of Digital Marketing): 2017 – January 2019
- Worked directly with the organization Director to develop strategies for improving utilized IST efficiency and marketing efforts.
- Created and executed the organization’s national marketing strategy
- Managed IT resources, and marketing teams
- Ensured HIPAA security compliance
- Created, managed, and implemented an impactful SEO and SEM strategies to build the organization’s online presence via PPC campaigns, blogs, websites (3+), newsletters, PR agency management, social media (28+ accounts), and branding
- Monitored and fixed issues pertaining to the numerous websites managed by the organization as they arise
- I’ve re-designed and developed the organization’s official website in an effort to better serve our audience with a user friendly and helpful interface.
- Increased traffic to the organization’s digital platforms.
- For the primary site I’ve achieved:
- 33% increase in domain authority.
- 150% increase in ranked phrases via SEO efforts.
- 209% Increase in organic traffic.
- 361% Increase in click google click-through traffic.
- 99% reduction of search engine crawl errors.
- For the primary site I’ve achieved:
Computer & Business Information Systems – CBISWeb (Operations Manager) 2014 – Present
- Planned, monitored & supervised operational objectives of the following departments: Software Development, Web & Business Analytics, Data Protection & Recovery, Digital Marketing (DM), Networking & IT support, and Telecommunication
- Developed & executed overall strategy for the company website, social media & digital marketing efforts
- Developed, managed and maintained company website
- Developed, revised and maintained policies & procedures for all CBISWeb departments
- Led DM strategic planning to deliver measurable results
- Analyzed operational effectiveness of departments and proposed strategies for improvement
- Researched, negotiated and managed vendor partnerships: Scopes of Work, contracts & budgets
- Developed marketing and promotional campaigns/initiatives for CBISWeb and its clients
- Managed digital presence of CBISWeb and its clients.
- Identified trends and insights to drive marketing and business development efforts
- Trained team members on policies, procedures and software.
- Assisted business development customer acquisition via product & service presentations
- Led various personnel functions including recruitment, hiring, assignments, and training
- Researched technologies that may assist CBISWeb in delivering value to its clients.
Computer & Business Information Systems (Manager of Projects) 2010 – 2014
- Managed software development (Web, Mobile, Desktop application) projects
- Developed and managed budgets from cross-functional teams, performs analysis, and requirements gathering from stakeholders
- Managed customer expectations and deliverables to ensure efficient customer on-boarding
- Reviewed and verified requirements for delivery with all stakeholders for projects and CBISWeb technical (software development) resources
- Managed resources to ensure the projects are successfully executed and delivered to the stakeholders per requirements
- Oversaw project progress & tracking, ensure project objectives are met according to schedule
- Created and conducted presentations to stakeholders.
- Maintained knowledge of project management methodologies i.e. Waterfall and Agile
- Implemented most efficient manner to manage software development projects per company specific requirements.
JPMorgan Chase (Operations Specialist – Risk and Bankruptcy Analyst) 2011 – 2012
- Provided default loan monitoring for JPMorgan Chase’s Bankruptcy Operations
- Managed a portfolio of approximately 500 to 550 mortgage loans that are affected by chapter 7, 11 or 13 Bankruptcy
- Communicated with Chase’s attorneys to assist in the operations of bankruptcy litigation.
Hootsuite Social Marketing Certified, Google Webmaster tools, SEO techniques, WordPress, Photoshop, Systems Analysis and Design, Project Management, Agile PM, Software Development Life Cycle Management, HIPAA Security Certified, HIPAA Awareness for Healthcare Providers, MySQL, Relational Database Design, Microsoft Office, Web Development, Dreamweaver, Joomla, Java, C++, PHP
University of Phoenix July 2013 – 2017
- Doctorate – Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership/Information Systems and Technology
- Dissertation – Minimum Qualification Requirements for Management in the Information Systems and Technology Field: A Delphi Study
University of Phoenix February 2013
- Masters – Management Information Systems (MIS)
University of California Santa Barbara (UCSB) June 2010
- Bachelor of Science – Statistical Science concentration Actuarial Science
Minor – Philosophy